Cranberry Pistachio Brie
Friday, January 7, 2011
I have been making this brie for a number of years. After bringing it to a few gatherings with friends, it was announced that I was required to bring the brie to every gathering going forward. My mom originally shared this recipe with me and I know she makes it just as often as I do. The flavor combination is just amazing -- cranberries, balsamic, onions and pistachios. We made this over the holidays and it looked so festive! However, its a great appetizer to make year round.
Cranberry Pistachio Baked Brie
Brie (one wheel)
2 tablespoons butter
1 small vidalia (or white) onion, quartered and sliced thin
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped pistachios
Crackers, for serving
1. Melt the butter in a small pan.
2. Saute onion on low hear for about 10 minutes or until tender.
3. Add cranberries, brown sugar and vinegar. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently or until caramelized.
4. Grease small baking dish. Place the brie in the center and cover with the onion mixture.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until center is warm (and cheese is melted).
6. Sprinkle pistachios on top and serve with crackers.