Did you know its National Pumpkin Day? I did not, but we love pumpkin over here so we'll celebrate! Its very fitting that I was planning to post these cake balls today. They actually aren't pumpkin but I decided to make "Spice Cake" cake balls with cream cheese frosting and they tasted like pumpkin cake balls! These would be great with Halloween decorations a la Bakerella. Enjoy :)
A few of my favorite pumpkin recipes.
1 box Spice Cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 ounces)
1 package vanilla flavored almond bark (OR white chocolate melts)
Sprinkles for decorating
Directions1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with cream cheese frosting.
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Melt almond bark in microwave as directed on the package.
6. Dip cake balls in melted almond bark and lay on wax paper, topping with sprinkles immediately. Leave cake balls on parchment paper until firm (I like to stick mine back in the fridge). (Use a spoon to help dip in chocolate and then tap off extra.)
Helpful hint: Melt a few pieces of chocolate bark at a time because it starts to cool and thicken. It’s easier to work with when it’s hot.